The annual Peach Festival!
Celebrating over 50 years of growing peaches in Arizona!
The farm is the largest Peach Grower in the State, all organic and pesticide FREE. 50 years ago, Ray Schnepf planted his first peach trees, two years later the farm started picking and shipping peaches all over the Country. Soon, as people drove out to Queen Creek for a little day trip, they noticed Peach Trees in the desert. At first we picked the delicate fruit and would sell in our little roadside stand, but five years later, we opened our orchards for UPICK. Customers came from all over to pick Arizona Peaches, which now happen to be the BEST peaches in the Country (according to wine spectator magazine.)
DATE: May14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 2016
TIME: 7:30am to 4pm
INCLUDES: Hay rides to the orchards, live music, train rides, carousel rides and more, Peachy Pancake breakfast, Peachy Sampling Pavilion with food ranging from sweets to salsa’s, Water activities, Peachy arts and crafts booths, Peach pies, peach cinnamon rolls, peach cookies, peach cobbler and more.
- The Peach Festival is BUSY. If you just want a peach pie and peaches, please avoid the crowds and come on Thursday or Friday through May.
- You may pre-order your pies and cinnamon rolls. Please fill out this form and return. It must be received 48 hours prior to pick up. ALL PICK UPS ARE AVAILABLE OUTSIDE THE BAKERY
- Peach Pies are available to purchase in several areas: bakery, market outside of bakery.
- Peachy Pancake Breakfast. WE WILL be handing out tickets that will give you a time to come back in line (ie. 8-9am, 9am – 10am etc) But we will also have room for those who want to just stand in line. The Entire line is under the SHADE!!!! yea. Large $12 (2 large 9″ pancakes, 2 sausage, fresh peaches, whip cream, juice, coffee or milk) Small $7 (1 large pancake, 1 sausage, fresh peaches, whip cream juice, coffee or milk)
- We WILL NOT be serving our regular breakfast on Saturday and Sunday in the Country Store. Only the Peachy Pancakes out in the grill area. Peachy Pancakes served from 7:45-2pm
- Peachy Sampling Pavilion: $1 for 6 sampling tickets that can be used to sample everything from peach salsa, peach preserve, peach syrup, peach granola, peach licorice and more. That $1 will be deducted from your overall purchase.
(There are small charges for food, rides, peaches)
How the festival began:
What started as a way to sell our peaches, the idea of a small festival, serving a pancake breakfast on a little home griddle and my mom sampling 4 cases of Peach preserve and peach salsa, has turned into a MUST DO Experience in Arizona. In 1994, our Peach orchards were picked clean in 1 1/2 hours (it was a two day festival,) My mom’s two cases of peach preserves and salsa was sampled quickly with guests wanting to purchase the produce, but not thinking about that, no extra was ordered. As the festival grew so did the demand for hand picked juicy sweet peaches. Since 1994 we have planted more orchards and more varieties. Today we have 6 varieties of Peaches that all ripen at different times throughout the month of May. Peach picking isn’t ONLY available during the Peach Festival, we have peaches available all month long. The size depends on the variety. Remember Mother Nature DOES play a huge part in the availability and size of the peaches.