Opens June 1 and usually lasts 6-7 weeks
Peaches from Schnepf Farms have been named and featured in Wine Spectator Magazine as the best in the country and for over 50 years, the Schnepfs have continued to extend their season by planting more orchards with different varieties. Peaches like Earligrande, Springcrest, Florida Prince , Florida King are all popular varieties that grow extremely well in the Desert climate.
Our Peach Season begins before any other location in the Country. Its an incredible season that lasts 6 to 7 weeks! So if you are a peach lover, then plan accordingly because all different varieties ripen at different times.
Peach Picking Details
- When the UPICK orchards open in April, you can drive to the farm and follow signs to the orchard.
- We have peaches already picked available in the Country Store if you do not want to drive to orchard.
- We only pick peaches early in the morning when they are the sweetest, so once they run out at the store, they will be available the next day.
- Peaches are sold by the pound
- Mother Nature does play a major role, if it’s hot, peaches ripen faster. So we cannot guarantee anything to do with Mother Nature.
We provide bags & boxes
1st Variety – Super Lady – very small orchard, but peaches are juicy & sweet
2nd Variety – Snow Angle – A medium orchard with small to medium size peaches. White peaches do not have any acid and are full of sugars.
3rd Variety – Florida Prince – a medium sized peach and one of our largest orchards
4th variety – Earligrand – the largest peach grown on the farm and is typically saved for picking during the Peach Festival.
5th variety – Springcrest – a medium size peach and very flavorful.
6th variety – Florida King – It doesn’t live up to it’s name because it is a smaller peach, but is juicy and sweet.
7th variety – Princess Peach – a newer variety that we are trying out and is very sweet
8th variety – Schnepf Peach – A medium size peach and continues to impress.
Other Varieties also available
Nectarines – Next to the Peach Orchard
Katy Apricots – early variety of apricot